Baguio City is among the places in the Philippines that offer something unique compared to other provinces in the country. While people from other countries would think of the Philippines to be a country that is bestowed with tons of beautiful coastlines, one thing they do not realize is that the country is also home to beautiful mountains. Baguio City, in particular, is a city nestled about 5,200 feet above sea level and has weather that is not found in any provinces south of the city.
Living in Baguio City
Many would consider living in Baguio City as a blessing. For a resident like me who was born and raised in the city of pines, I can attest to the fact, living here, is indeed a blessing. Here are the five things I love, and I believe people love living in Baguio City.
- The weather – of course, if people love visiting Baguio City because of the weather, residents like me also love the weather of Baguio City. While it is true that Baguio City sees a ton of rainfall every year compared to other provinces, that does not stop me from loving Baguio Cities weather, especially so that we are rewarded with a nice and cold weather during December through February.
- Proximity to Vegetable Farms – for people like me who is doing our best to eating healthy, our efforts are made easier because fruits and vegetables are readily available since Baguio City is surrounded by different municipalities of Benguet where most highland fruits and vegetables are harvested. Easy access to fresh fruits and vegetables also means cheaper prices, so eating healthy is definitely possible when you live in Baguio City.
- Access to Health and Wellness Activities – while other provinces also have gyms where exercise and other health and wellness activities are conducted. Baguio City offers a lot more by having parks lined with trees and away from pollution which makes your exercise activities in these areas a lot more healthier as you breathe in fresh air. Zumba, Tai-chi and other exercise activities are available at the parks every morning. Easy access to these health and wellness activities makes Baguio City live up to its purpose of a mountain health resort during the American occupation.
- Low Crime Index – Baguio City is among the few places in the Philippines with a low crime index. The police force are highly regarded for their ability in keeping the peace and order. Just like in any places in the world there will always be threats from unscrupolous people however, the Baguio City police force are providing their best effort in order to keep any untoward incident from happening.
- Low cost of Living – Baguio City is among the different places in the Philippines with a low cost of living. Food is really affordable especially for fruits and vegetables that are abundantly produced in nearby Benguet municipalities. In addition, because of the cold weather that is natural to the City of Pines you do not have to use an air conditioning unit which means lower electricity bill.
- Center of Education north of NCR – Baguio City is home to world-class schools and universities. Every university in Baguio City is competitive in terms of Licensure examination and international competition results. Making Baguio City the home of academic excellence in Northern Luzon.
Baguio City indeed offers a lot to people who choose to live here. True residents reciprocate these blessings provided by the City of Pines by preserving the beauty and cleanliness of Baguio City. Are you ready to live in Baguio City and become one of our kailyan? Contact us today and we’d be happy to help you find the real estate property in Baguio City that will suit your requirements.